Sunday, May 8, 2011

Old fashioned ingenuity meets modern day technology

I was planning on spending the afternoon staining the deck and really wanted to use my iPod, but the headphone jack has messed up ever since the headphones got ripped out of the jack one too many times. Whenever I put the iPod in my pocket, every move I made would adjust the headphone jack just slightly enough to make a loud static noise in my ear - really annoying. So I decided to take matters into my own hands (inspired by the NPR segment on going to your grandpa to fix whatever was broken) and tried using my favorite tool, the rubber band, to secure the jack from moving. I attached the rubber band, put the ipod on my pocket, and low and behold, my music worked static free for hours.









No comments:

Post a Comment