Sunday, May 8, 2011

Deck pad works great for staining the deck

Anticipating three sunny days in a row, I decided to bite the bullet and finish the deck staining project that began last november. Good thing I called Mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day because she had a great suggestion, to use a Shure Line deck pad at Lowe's. It was able to get in between the spindles and it was easy to use. I did notice that the pad would start to slip off so I found a way to hold the pad with my finger inserted in the center to keep it in place.





I also figured out a way to secure the paint tray to the ladder so that I wouldn't have to continually go on and off the ladder to add paint to the pad by using a 1 foot segment of closet shelving zip tied to the ladder. It actually worked out great.






I'm not sure if all extension ladders are position the same but when I zip tied the shelving to the ladder, it rested in such a way that it had a slight slope which helped keep the stain towards to bottom.

YouTube Video




No comments:

Post a Comment