Friday, January 13, 2012

Mac Mail for Heavy Users

Are you using Apple's Mail program on your Mac? If so, you may remember how fast the program ran when it first started. If you don't keep your folders small, then you may run into problems. After calling Apple support, I found out that it is recommended to keep less than 2,000 emails in your folders. I deleted about 25,000 emails and now my mail program is working so much better. It has stopped crashing and everything is working great. It took some time to delete the files out of the folders because once the emails were moved to trash, I had to empty the trash and the Mail program would choke on large trash dumps. It required force quitting a couple times when I tried to delete to many emails at once. Eventually I got through it all and now Mail is working great and so much faster.

1 comment: