Friday, November 13, 2015

iPhone Contacts Not Synching with iCloud

I recently had added about a dozen contacts into my iPhone but they were not synching with my laptop and when I checked online at iCloud.com, they were not showing up there either.  I made sure all devices were using the latest software updates, tested iTunes and iCloud on all system preferences and everything appeared to be fine… so then I went online to apple support… searched the online library… still could not find a solution. I called the apple support line at 800-275-2273 and spoke to Deigo.  He was very helpful, and within 10 minutes, he figured out the problem.  I had to go onto my phone, Settings: Mail, Contact, Calendars and under the Contacts section, I had to change my “Default Account” to “iCloud”.  This solved the problem for new contacts, but I still had about 1 dozen contacts that were not synching, so we opened contacts on the phone, clicked on “groups” and then selected the “work” group (my old default account) and found the contacts there.  I was able to retype these contacts into a CSV file, then import right into contacts on my computer and voila, problem solved.  Thank you Diego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment